Dave joined Weinlander Fitzhugh’s team in September 1986. He became a Partner in 1996 and is the Director of Accounting and Auditing. While experienced in all aspects of client services, a majority of Dave’s work is in conducting financial audits and then preparing the tax returns of entities ranging from sole proprietorships to multidivision manufacturing firms. He has performed both financial and compliance audits for municipalities, school districts and organizations that are either subcontractors to or funded by governmental municipalities. Dave also does extensive consulting with his audit clients on the implementation of recommended changes as well as on accounting or tax related issues. Because of these activities, he has gained experience in tax research , a solid understanding of the federal government’s Single Audit Act, and GASB #34.
Dave is involved with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Peer Review Program. He serves as team captain and team member of firm-on-firm review teams that conduct system reviews of member CPA firms and report on the compliance with professional standards.
- Michigan State University: Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Associate member of the MSBO
- AICPA Government Audit Quality Center
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Life Member of Michigan State University Alumni Association
- Past Treasurer and President of the Morning Rotary Club of Bay City
- Past Treasurer of Rotary District 6310
- Past President of the Great Lakes Bay Economics Club
- Past Chairperson for Bay County Business/Education Partnership
- Past Treasurer Junior Achievement Of NE Michigan
- Past board member of the Delta College Foundation