Dave joined Weinlander Fitzhugh’s team in September 1986. He became a Partner in 1996 and is the Co-Director of Accounting and Auditing Services. While experienced in several aspects of client services, a majority of Dave’s work is in financial reporting and the preparation of tax returns of entities ranging from sole proprietorships to multidivision manufacturing operations. He has performed both financial and compliance audits for municipalities, school districts, employee benefit plans, and non-profit organizations. Dave also performs extensive consulting with his clients on the implementation of recommended changes as well as on accounting or tax related issues.
Dave is involved with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Peer Review Program. He serves as team captain and team member of firm-on-firm review teams that conduct system and engagement reviews of member CPA firms and report on the compliance with professional standards.
- Michigan State University: Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Associate member of the MSBO
- AICPA Government Audit Quality Center
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Life Member of Michigan State University Alumni Association
- Board Member McLaren Bay Medical Foundation
- President of the Morning Rotary Club of Bay City
- Treasurer of Rotary District 6310
- President of the Great Lakes Bay Economics Club
- Chairperson for Bay County Business/Education Partnership
- Treasurer Junior Achievement of NE Michigan
- Board Member of the Delta College Foundation