Mike joined Weinlander Fitzhugh in June of 1984 and became a partner in 1995. While experienced in all facets of client service, a majority of his work is in the area of financial audits and reviews, business planning, individual estate and tax planning and tax return preparation for all types of entities. His financial statement preparation experience includes large and small manufacturing operations, real estate operations and a broad range of service and not-for-profit entities. In addition to the above activities Mike’s experience includes consulting services with many of his business clients on issues such as accounting implementation, compliance, inventory valuation, and developing financial projections and forecasts. As an outgrowth of these activities over the years he has gained experience in tax research, business valuation, employee benefit administration, family business succession planning, tax and estate planning. Mike has earned the professional designation of Certified Specialist in Estate Planning (CSEP).
- Central Michigan University: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Accounting Major
- Leadership Bay County program sponsored by the Bay Area Chamber of Commerce.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Kantzler Foundation Trustee
- 1st State Bank Board Member
- Past President of the Bay Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past President United Way of Bay County and Chairman of the Annual Campaign
- Past President and Treasurer for the Morning Rotary Club of Bay City
- Past President and Management Vice President for the Bay City Jaycees
- Northeastern Michigan Estate Planning Council
- Past President Bay Area Community Foundation